Real Breck Dew(sh) Tour Results
slideshow by Zak Shelhamer
Ok, we have a secret. Our “exclusive coverage” was totally made up. Shaun White wasn’t even there, much less skateboarding in the Superpipe. But that’s really the only way to get anything “exclusive” in this internet day and age, isn’t it? And since Totino’s didn’t pay to send me out there, (Alli does pay Nick to be there, but they also expect him to do their coverage because of that, and he’s not a big multi-tasker) I’m covering it in my pajamas, from my couch. And by covering it, I mean, posting a few random thoughts and the results.
1. How stoked are all the tier-two pipe riders who actually had a shot at the podium since the Olympic heavy hitters weren’t riding? Other people are good at snowboarding too, Shaun and Louie are just, better. But… at least some people landed runs at this contest.
2. Somehow, I think Danny Davis and Mason Aguirre don’t need to fight over Totino’s pizza. I can’t say for sure, but I am willing to bet they both get enormous boxes of them every month with their giant checks.
3. God, 16 year olds are good at snowboarding. Too good. Start drinking already.
4. Someday, when more than one girl lands a slopestyle run, that will be cool. They even got airtime and got to ride before the light got shitty and flat, so can’t use the usual excuses. Jamie Anderson is good though.
5. Double corks look better off big jumps than in the pipe.
6. Texting complaints to Todd while he is announcing almost makes up for the fact it rained and I watched TV instead of going snowboarding today.
|3||Kjersti Østgaard Buaas||87.00|
If you are actually interested in hear about how “great” the Winter Dew Tour was, go read Nick’s stories on the Alli site. Maybe they will give him a raise.