On this most delicious of American holidays, we decided to get a little sappy, go around the table and say what we’re thankful for. If you hate reading, there’s a video of a turkey snowboarding at Mt. Bachelor a few years ago up there instead. I’ll start:
1. It makes winter suck less. Could you imagine living somewhere cold and snowy and not snowboarding? I would go nuts.
2. It’s fun. Not sure if you’ve seen any marketing campaigns or snowboard videos lately, but having fun with your friends is all the rage. Luckily if you don’t have any friends, it’s also fun to snowboard solo.
3. It’s a global family. When people in snowboarding are in need, the community comes out in force to support them.
4. It’s a good excuse to travel. And going on trips to do any sort of boardsport is so much better than just going to be a tourist.
5. Powder Days. Self explanatory.
But enough about me, I also asked a few of snowboarding’s elite:
6. Todd Richards – Cause it’s not skiing… oh wait.
7. Dustin Craven – ‘Cause its fun and keeps me from being a high school drop out working on a oil rig.
8. Jesse Paul – We get to be dancers without the stigmatization of being dancers.
9. Desiree Melancon – I’m thankful for snowboarding because without it I wouldn’t have anything.
10. Max Warbington – I would like to thank snowboarding for giving me the opportunity to create something people enjoy and that I can be proud of. As well as the friends it has provided me, the chicks and the parties.
11-17. Danyale Patterson – If it wasn’t for snowboarding I would probably be doing something meaningful with me life. Snowboarding keeps me wasted. I’m thankful for snowboarding because of all the unique, intelligent people I get to surround myself with. Snowboarding keeps me sharp. So much pussy in the board world. So much dick in the board world.
18. Kyle Clancy– I’m thankful that people are finally realizing the importance of style and choosing unique tricks, the Olympics are bad for the sport and that there is much to learn from the pros that came before. It warms my evil heart!
19. Tim Eddy –Après, yeesh moments, backflips, frontside mcgillans, and the ability to do super human movements in which I would never be able to unless given the powers of said snowboard!
20. Andrew Brewer – I’m thankful for snowboarding because if I didn’t have it I’d probably be doing something else.
21. Johnny Lazz – I’m thankful for snowboarding cuz I wouldn’t be getting with the girls I get with, without it
22. Sage Kotsenberg = I’m thankful for snowboarding because it has led me to see so many different cultures, meet awesome human beings, and learn to not take anything too seriously. I feel so lucky to be involved in this amazing lifestyle we partake in, long live snowboarding!!
23. Mary Rand = I am thankful for snowboarding because through it I have met some amazing people, seen some amazing sights and felt alive!
24. Johnny O’Connor – I’m thankful for the people of snowboarding that keep life less serious and more enjoyable
25. Brendan Gerard – I’m thankful snowboarding had kept me from being this guy:
26. Sean Genovese – Straight up… For the friends that it’s introduced me to.
27. Jake Olsen-Elm – Trollhaugen.
And some of the clowns at Yobeat too.
28. The Catfish– Endless Smiles and Friendships.
29. Jerm – I’m thankful for snowboarding because it lets me get paid to tell people how much they suck at snowboarding.
How bout you guys?