The final mogul run in VT. Photo: My Mom
The season is ending, and unless you’re stupid and don’t like snowboarding, you’re kinda annoyed about it. Sure, you can pretend to like skateboarding or talk about how much you like summer, but the truth is, it sucks when you can’t go snowboarding. Personally, I have a minor break down every year, and I actually live in a place you can snowboard year round. Anyway, this is my first column (I decided to give myself one) and I’m going to use it as a coping mechanism. Accordingly, I will make a list of everything that annoys me when I go snowboarding.
- People who can’t form groups of the number of people that fit on the chair.
- People that can’t merge in the lift lines.
- Lift lines.
- When the snow is too sticky to move.
- When rocks get into fields of powder.
- Snow snakes.
- When the chairlift drips on your outerwear (Northwest problem)
- The price of lodge food
- Skiers pole planting back and forth on a straight away.
- When they charge you to use a screw driver
- When the screw drivers outside are stripped and your binding is loose
- When you lose a strap and don’t realize it until you’re at the top of the mountain.
- When it’s flat light.
- When someone cuts you off and you were on the way to do something cool.
- Skiers that stand on landings.
- Parking far away.
- Skiers being cool now.
- Snowboarders that sit on landings.
- People side-slipping down powder.
- People going off a cliff or chute and taking all the snow with them/creating a bomb hole.
- When it’s so cold your skin hurts.
- When you drive all the way to the mountain and realize you forgot your boots.
Actually, I could go on all day (I’m easily annoyed, ok) but you know what? I feel strangely better. Maybe a break from snowboarding will do me well. And like I said, Mt. Hood is open and just up the road. Phew. Thanks for listening guys.